Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I Was on TV! | #stvglasgow

Yes, you read the name of this blog entry right. I was interviewed for STV Glasgow's The Riverside Show yesterday! How cool is that?

I was exploring the north part of the city and came to Sighthill Park, which is a slightly-rundown forest and field area. The park was effectively founded in 1979 when a stone monument, almost like a mini-Stonehenge, was built on top of a hill. The monument is an astronomically-aligned stone calendar, with the stones aligned to solstices, sunrises and sunsets, etc. Really, really neat stuff!


Photo Credit (c) Linda Lunan
Back to yesterday. Wandering through the  overgrown monument, three people approached. I thought they were just tourists. Much to my surprise, one was Duncan Lunan, the man who designed the monument! Next was his amazing wife, Linda. And last was Ian, a field cameraman from STV Glasgow. They all came at the exact time I did, to film the monument and record its history. It will soon be either relocated or destroyed (hopefully the first), when the city repurposes the park into new housing.

After talking with Linda and Duncan for a while, Ian asked if I could answer some questions, to give a "tourist perspective," as he called it. I said of course! That's how I ended up on STV Glasgow's The Riverside Show.

Duncan and Linda graciously asked me to join them for drinks and lunch afterwards, which I was more than happy to do (they are amazing people). I was also told I was welcome to attend the live broadcast that evening, when Duncan would be interviewed on the show. I said yes to that as well!

After a delicious meal and relaxing time at Bon Accord, a reputed pub and restaurant in the West End, I went with Duncan and Linda to STV Glasgow's beautiful headquarters on the River Clyde. There, with some tea and cookies, I enjoyed watching my television premier on The Riverside Show! I also had an opportunity to meet two local businessmen, who were waiting to go on the show as well.

I hope to visit Duncan and Linda soon - I owe them a round of drinks! What a wonderful day!

Here is the video from STV Glasgow. Duncan does an amazing job in the video, so be sure to watch the whole thing!




So until next time, my awesome friends and family,

God bless!
Zacchari Gale


P.S.  Check out Duncan Lunan!


#jutocogc
#stvglasgow
#riversideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment