Saturday, October 25, 2014

Two Weeks of Fun! | #troon #lochlomond


I have had a wonderful two weeks here in Glasgow. Here are some highlights!


HORSEBACK RIDING  |  STEPPS

A family from Poland took me horseback riding in Stepps (a small town north of Glasgow) last week. I rode "Dude", a retired cart horse. He enjoyed walking backwards and snack breaks. It was great, but next time I'm bringing appropriate shoes...


"Dude"


TROON

I had an enjoyable day visiting friends in Troon (about 30 minutes south of Glasgow) for the afternoon and evening. With only 12,000 residents, Troon reminded me of a New England seaside town. It has a beautiful beach, sheltered by nearby islands. On a really clear day, you can actually see Ireland from the shore.

Troon Beach, looking toward Ailsa Craig and Arran





Troon ScotRail Station at night





GLASGOW ATTRACTIONS

You can get a $10 hamburger at this 1960's-style diner.
Provan's Lordship, Sweets Shop


This past week, I went to the 800-year-old Glasgow Cathedral. This was the first time I had been inside. I also visited the Provan's Lordship across the street. It is the oldest house still standing in Glasgow (built in 1471). Its first residents were in charge of the Cathedral. Now, it's all decked out with antique furniture from different time-periods.



Glasgow Cathedral
Provan's Lordship, Dining Room







LOCH LOMOND

A family from church took me to Loch Lomond today. It is the largest body of water in the UK. We took a boat tour of the loch, then drove around the area, and finished the evening with dinner. It was cold, a little rainy, and absolutely stunning. 



Loch Lomond





Loch Long
Loch Lomond

I am so thankful for the good friends I have made here.
Until next time, God bless!
Zacchari

#jutocogc

No comments:

Post a Comment