Friday, September 12, 2014

Glasgow Award Ceremony | #inspiringcity14

What's up everybody!

So I got two cool stories for you. First up, last night. The faculty from the college brought me with them to a black-tie award ceremony. It was the Inspiring City Awards for the city of Glasgow. About 400 different businessmen and women, influential people, and college faculty from all around the city were there (people like Lord Smith of Kelvin and organizations like Glasgow Taxis, The Herald Scotland, STV Glasgow, and my own City of Glasgow College). During the evening, I was introduced to the director of the committee that organized the 20th Commonwealth Games here in Glasgow -- which happened just a few weeks before my arrival. At the end of the evening, I took my first taxi ride, from the Grand Central Hotel to my residence. What an amazing evening!

The other story happened on Wednesday. I went across the street to One Errol Gardens (a little Church of Scotland). I thought there was a Bible study, but it turned out to be the night for the Gorbals Community Choir. I had free time, so I thought I would just hang around and listen...until they asked me what I like to sing. Turns out it wasn't a performance, it was a practice! They convinced me to join in with them. So I've been adopted by the Gorbals Community Choir.

Also, I tried haggis for the first time at lunch today. It was really good! (just don't think about what it's made of, and you'll be okay).

Not sure what I'll do this weekend, I guess I'll find out when I get there!

So until next time, God bless.
Zacchari

#jutocogoc  #inspiringcity14  #HereThereBeDragons

No comments:

Post a Comment